Tuesday, May 1, 2012

5 Little Speckled Frogs

Let me preface this post with....I am no artist!  I actually am not very crafty either.  I can come up with ideas and they look great in my head, but when they come to life, ummm, not exactly like it was in my head.  Anyway, we love singing the song "5 Green and Speckled Frogs". So I thought it would be fun to have a little visual to go along with it.  I created these little frogs on a log
puppets for the kids to use. It was super simple and made with what I had on hand. 
I cut a egg carton up into 10 cups, then painted them green.  I added some speckles with green marker.  Then I cut out red tongues and glued them in.  I glued the cups together and added some goggle eyes.  I cut out a "log" from the egg carton and painted it brown. Voila!  Done.
Here is a video of the song in case you have no idea what I'm talking about....








Check out the adorable frogs that they created over at Rainy Day Mum with egg cartons and a paper towel roll!  So cute!
Pin It

No comments: